Diversity at ITF Hire is about commitment to equality and the treatment of all individuals with respect. ITF is dedicated to a diverse workforce and a work environment in which every employee is treated fairly, respected and has the opportunity to contribute to business success, while being given the opportunities to realise their full potential as individuals. Diversity at ITF refers to all characteristics that make individuals different from each other.
It includes characteristics or factors such as religion, race, ethnicity, language, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other area of potential difference. ITF understands that the wide array of experiences and perspectives resulting from such diversity promotes innovation and business success. Managing diversity makes us more creative, productive, responsive and competitive.
This policy applies to all ITF Hire employees, including contractors and consultants acting on the Company’s behalf and includes the recruitment and selection process, terms and conditions of employment including pay, promotion, work assignment, training and any other aspect of employment.
When valuing and managing diversity, ITF will:
- Attract and retain a skilled and diverse workforce that best represents the talent available in the communities in which our assets are located and our employees reside.
- Promote and maintain a work environment that values and utilises the contributions of employees with diverse backgrounds, experience and perspectives through improved awareness of the benefits of workplace diversity, human resources policies, systems and processes and successful management of diversity.
- Build and maintain a safe work environment by taking action against inappropriate workplace behaviour including discrimination, harassment, bullying, victimisation and vilification.
- Set measurable objectives for gender diversity which will be monitored and reviewed against the effectiveness of this policy and associated procedures.
These include but are not limited to:
- Build a workforce that is provided with opportunities to develop skill and experience for career advancement, learning and development.
- Ensure that succession and talent management processes provide the necessary learning and development opportunities to develop the skills and experience necessary for employees to be considered for advancement to more senior roles.
- Ensure appropriate selection criteria based on diverse skills, experience and perspectives is used when hiring new staff. Job specifications, advertisements, application forms and contracts will not contain any direct or inferred discrimination.
- Ensure that applicants and employees of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply for, and have fair opportunity to be considered for all available roles.
- Ensure that our standards and procedures address specific barriers to groups of employees, by developing flexible work practices to meet the differing needs of employees.
- Comply with equal opportunity and anti-discrimination legislation.
It is the responsibility of all directors, officers and employees to comply with the Company’s Diversity Policy and report violations or suspected violations in accordance with this Diversity Policy.
Managers are responsible for understanding their role in promoting diversity, communicating and implementing policies and procedures effectively and working with staff to integrate the values of diversity into employment practices.
Everyone working at ITF Hire is responsible for understanding this policy and incorporating it into their daily work practices.
Executive management will lead and approve policy review, revision as appropriate and monitoring of data collected.
Managers and staff will receive appropriate resources, training and support in the implementation of this policy.
ITF Hire will ensure data from organisational recruitment processes, via employee opinion survey, grievances and exit interviews is monitored to influence and inform policies and action plans.
This policy will be reviewed on an ongoing basis to reflect changes in law, demographics and agency priorities.
Any breach of compliance with this Diversity Policy is to be reported directly to the executive team. Anyone breaching this Diversity Policy may be subject to disciplinary action, including termination.