The purpose of the ITF Hire Pty Ltd Environmental Policy is to clearly describe the objectives and guidelines that support the ITF Hire commitment to environmental management and related work processes.
This Policy applies to all staff, employees and engaged sub-contractors involved in delivering the services of ITF Hire.
OBJECTIVES & TARGET
ITF Hire is committed to providing quality services, delivered in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and sub-contractors and minimises our potential impact on the environment.
ITF Hire shall operate in strict compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and shall strive to, at all times, to identify and implement pollution prevention and environmental best practices in work/s undertaken by the organisation in accordance with ISO 14001:2004.
ITF HIRE ENDEAVOURS TO:
- Integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into all of our decision making and activities;
- Promote environmental awareness among our employees and sub- contractors and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner;
- Train, educate and inform our employees and sub-contractors about environmental issues that may affect their work;
- Reduce waste through re-use and recycling and by purchasing recycled, recyclable or re-furbished products and materials where these alternatives are available, economical and suitable;
- Promote the efficient use of materials and resources throughout all aspects of the organisation’s work, including water, electricity, raw materials and other resources, particularly those that are non- renewable;
- Avoid unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products, seek substitutions when feasible, and take all reasonable steps to protect human health and the environment when such materials must be used, stored and disposed of;
- Where required by legislation or where significant health, safety or environmental hazards exist, develop and maintain appropriate emergency and spill response programmes;
- Communicate our environmental commitment to clients, customers and the public and encourage them to support it;
- Strive to continually improve our environmental performance and minimise the social impact and damage of activities by periodically reviewing our environmental policy in light of our current and planned future activities.
Environmental Management & Pollution Control Act 1994